The Kendamil Story
Kendamil is the only British Infant Formula producer.
Kendamil’s unique location on the edge of the stunning Lake District allows us to utilise the finest ingredients to produce the only infant formula manufactured in the UK. Our standard and organic recipes use local whole milk from grass-fed cows on Red Tractor accredited farms to create a delicious, satiating formula. The avoidance of palm and fish oils in our recipe makes it both delicious and highly digestible. Our addition of Omega 3 from pure marine algae not only creates a more natural but also a more sustainably sourced formula as well as making it suitable for vegetarians.
Containing no GMOs or soya our recipe aims to be as natural as possible. The addition of vitamins and minerals including prebiotics GOS and FOS, helps to provide a nutritionally balanced alternative to breastfeeding for those who cannot or choose not to.
Kendamil under the parent brand Kendal Nutricare, which specialises in the manufacture of nutritional products, catering across all age groups. With over 57 experience in manufacturing our experienced staff of scientists and technicians take great care to develop formulas that will enhance the quality of life for infants and the elderly. Kendal Nutricare exports to global markets under the following accreditations: BRC Grade AA, Halal certification, Soil Association Certification, CFDA, FDA Certification, Health & Safety Certification, SuperKosher Certification, EHA Certification and international ISO 14001.
Corporate social responsibility, safety and hygiene are at the core of our manufacturing values. We take great care to adhere to the WHO sustainable development goals relevant to our industry. For example we directly contribute to the protection of environment by working with the local environmental agency, equality within the work force and we also provide decent employment and economic growth. Indirectly we are working towards reducing inequalities and helping to promote good health and well being worldwide.
- 1900 Glaxo introduce roller dried infant milk
- 1930’s Glaxo refine formula to include Vitamin D for bone development
- 1962 Glaxo establish Kendal factory
- 1968 Glaxo buy Farley’s brand and consolidate food business Farley Health Products in 1976
- 1986 Boots buy Farley Health Products
- 1993 BS5750/ ISO9001 accreditation
- 1994 H J Heinz buy Farley’s Health Products
- 1999 Kendal becomes Centre of Excellence for Infant Formula and Cereals.
- 2000 ISO 14001 (environment) accreditation
- 2003 ISO 9001 2000 accreditation
- 2007 BRC accreditation grade A
- June 2015 Kendal Nutricare Ltd. buy H J Heinz factory in Kendal
- November 2015 China Registration with CNCA
- 2016 BRC accreditation grade AA level 7
- May 2016 Kendamil starts to supply NHS
- July 2016 Kendamil launched at CBME Shanghai
- August 2016 Kendamil 900g launched in EH Booths
- August 2016 Mehadrin 800g launched in London, Manchester and Liverpool
- September 2016 Kendamil 400g launched MENA
- May 2017 Available in Morrisons
- August 2017 Kendalife Meal Replacement Formula Launched
- August 2017 Available in ASDA
- November 2017 CFDA approve Kendamil in China as 1st brand.
- February 2018 CFDA approve Kendamil Organic in China as 2nd brand.
- April 2018 Kendamil Organic Launched in Sainsbury’s
- February 2019 we were Awarded the Board of Trade Award by the Department of International Trade
- March 2019 Kendamil launches in Singapore
- March 2019 Kendamil Organic launches in Waitrose